Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sydney Vacation Recap Pt 1

Hey yall,

Been a few days just got back last night...up early for no reason well to run at the gym but other than that and dont have to work so I figured I would write my little recap....

First I want to say this has been the best vacation ever..me and my husband truly needed this ...and I dont regret saving the money for this..totally worth every penny spent and we already talking about going to China...so shoot we are like in that "mode"...

So SYDNEY! So beautiful..I was more excited just to be going to a place I never been but more excited it was with the Aussies....


So we left last week and of course My hubby and I we DONT fly well together..we are "that couple" that argues over who holds the passports...who carries this..who takes the ipads..what we gonna eat???...seems like it shouldnt be so complicated...but when you combine exhaustion and the millions yea..millions of checks through security, ticket counters, PEOPLE ...and then some you get pretty heated so anyway we were having those issues but taking it in stride...I tried not to pack my whole front yard which was hard with my shoe collection but I managed to get one bag down when we thought we could only take 1 and a carry on..turn out 2 which worked to our favor...

So I am currently in prep right now and yes even on vacation I still do what I need to do but I will admit I did induldge, but I brough my lunchbox which got flagged through every security check we went through! Its just freakin rice cakes..well chicken got taken but I didnt know they were gonna do that..but the tuna oatmeal, grits and rice cakes I could keep along with the chocolate protein bars I froze and took with me...

here is the infamous lunchbox




I prolly was about 65% clean on vacation but I knew what was going to happen and no regrets!

We got through the airport and passed through Shanghai where we tried Dim Sum...not for me..but I tried it and hubby who was tired already had it as well...we didnt leave the airport to fly out until 1130 and we got their at like 5 so we were trying not to kill each other and keep busy since internet was not free....





Us on the plane from Shanghai...btw it was 32 degrees there when we got off the plane and wind chill some may say thats not bad but when you come from an Island...hell ..thats freezing your ass off no joke lol...




 
Peace out Okinawa!
 
 
Dim Sum- I asked for veggies in mine...not for me tho bleh...


Hubby happy to eat... :)


I had my rice cakes in Shanghai especially when the hungry monster came...i was good!




About 9-11 uncomfortable plane ride hrs later we arrive in Sydney..tired irritable..fighting through security and customs..they took my chicken I was mad but oh welll...and we are staying in the nicest hotel every.... The Westin Sydney..it was part of our travel package and it was beautiful as ever...granted we felt like we were honored guests, they treated us very well...


 
Our Flat Screen TV says hello...
 
 

view from the window..


 

Our bathroom


The room was amazing and we didnt go out too much the first day as we were tired as hell but the next day we hit the streets...

 
Kings Wharf
 
On the tour bus around sydney

So I am going to break this up into 2 since their are so many pictures well..I still have to upload the good shots so I will end right here...
Oh in other news start back training today and prolly end up getting a massage traveling makes you stiff...but 100% clean today...no excuses and definitely food shopping as we have nothing in the fridge right now!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment