Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Entering Day 3 Rocky as you know what!

Well!

Yesterday was no joke, a nasty cold bug is going around our office for 2 weeks and it finally managed to "bite" me where it really really hurt so to speak. I woke up yesterday morning with a scratchy throat and congestion and thought I could "tough it out" so to speak. I drank my usual greens and ate my meal before the gym,...now mind you this is only Day 2 of dieting and the workouts that my coach gave me. I had never seen them before or put them together in this way so that should have been my first strike.... being sick and not listening when my body was clearly saying "dont" . So I went to the gym and even after drinking my pre workout N.O. explode I still felt at 80% not even that vs. what I normally feel when I am 100% which is ready to work! However I was not: strike 2 still not listening to my body when it said Stop.  I continue to work my chest, hamstrings and when it got to abs I dayum near puked...and that my friends is Strike 3. I went to work, vs making an appt because of how long it takes to get one, not as easy as if it were slower and everyone (on base) werent dayum near sick due to the weather change. So I worked half day and went home to try to sleep...medicate to hell. My dog was ready to play however I was not , Sorry Sakura :(... Hubby came home and bought every made at the store not sure what I needed...and I guess its kind of like asking a male to buy tampons, lol every brand they see on the shelf " oh this is a good one, well that one has wings, super?" lmbo....no boo I told you to get Maxi! lol In this case, I got Dayquil, Nyquil capsule, Nyquil Liquid, Halls , Aleve and what else he could find. So sweet! I had talked to my coach Zoa as well and it was great conversation, remeber about the decision to switch divisions, which I already knew in my mind that BB (Bodybuilding) is where I need to be...to each its own but my physical makeup and "attitude" fits that division or even physique and I am ok with that...Honestly I am happy as shit to hear it.....I enjoyed talking to her. She is awesome coach and a great friend and I am blessed to have her in my corner... She believes in me more than myself sometimes and that is Essential in doing these type of things... Anyway I will harp on that later... I am up early just making sure I woke up since taking my sleeping pill last night... and my voice still isnt right but not as bad..its up and down..we shall see. I still am making sure I get my meals in but a workout for today may not be in the cards either..but the reality is...if your body is not in top condition DONT MAKE IT SUFFER MORE... dont FORCE the cardio if you clearly cant...its not making you a failure...its just saying (your body) its time to rest.. I learned this lesson as truthfully I may have put myself in danger lifting all that weight and not feeling 100% and could have lost grip whatever the case...not dramatic but you get the idea... the point is ...LISTEN TO YOUR BODY... I learned that today but it doesnt mean the diet slacks off.. still had my meals last night, woke up to eat them and doing it this morning. I will see how things go, truthfully I may not be any good for today either...it is what it is.. I am putting my health first which really you cant go wrong with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment