Thursday, August 16, 2012

Goals for Moving Forward....

Hey yall,

been a few days, only time i get to write is in the morning before I get to cardio but I dont want to stray away too long. This morning weighed at 129, which is not putting me over my 134 mark....

Anyway last post I talked about goals, establishing some ground here...transitioning to become an athlete type person, think like one..look like one etc...of course with being myself....which is why this journal is important for me for accountabililty.

Zoa and I will still communicate of course and I still train 2 days with Anne this month after this month she moves to another gym full time since she is pregnant, unfortunately work is a distance or at least more of a distance then I am allowed so it will be our last hoorah unless special occassion comes... In the meantime I am working to gain my independence so to speak....so by doing so I am managing to set my own goals...after competing I felt like that more can be achieved and when you hold yourself to certain lengths you want to meet them just for your own self gratification and to work towards other things....

So my list is endless however I have top 10 things I want to hold myself accountable to ....some are long term some are short term but they are in my sights and I want to constantly remind myself that this is the focus and just hang in there... so here it goes...


1. Maintain more Positive Thinking/Energy Spiritually and Mentally (Chi, Zen whatever)
2. Marriage (only can get better, married 3 years together for 1..work in progress)
3. Develop an independence as a woman/athlete (train harder, better for off season/next year)
4. Pay it forward (Inspire others how others inspired me, I have many role models not just in athletic capacity but women in particular etc...)
5. Stay the course as much as possible ( with the positive thinking hope to be less of this, but I know me...so I want to keep moving forward and if i do set back then I just pick it up and let it roll off)
6. Improve Leadership Capabilites (more in my job, i move up the ranks, i want to continue to be a better leader as more folks rely on me to do my job)
7. Score 100 on my fitness test... ( what feels impossible to most ...and based on my appearance some assume it cant be done because I dont "appear to be a runner" and of course more the challenge for me)
8. Bachelors Degree (work in progress)
9. Community Service( sort of like paying it forward but more paying it forward to any and everyone, I have done it in the past but want to get out more)
10. Take a vacation. ( Planned one for Australia and just let go...feel free)


So there you go....gotta do a practice fitness test this morning so that is the first step of working towards #7....talk too yall later

No comments:

Post a Comment