Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A Bit of Reflection.....

Well its about 3 days post show, still feeling that high but I wanted to just speak my mind a bit as far as my emotions with this show.... I couldnt really cry the day of because I didnt have the water but had I been hydrated and had the energy I probably would have been emotional. The trials of any type of goal you meet never are easy and truly feel like you been to "hell and back" which is pretty close equivalent to this experience. I never imagined being at this point of considering the sport or even taking myself through the work and dedication it entails to be your best or even fall in line for consideration...but regardless I put my best foot forward. I continue to ask myself is this really me...did i really do this??? those muscles have to be photoshopped...and not because of self doubt but just because I took something constructive and made it into a stepping stone.... This journey pretty much began from a co workers comment that I took to heart about my appearing to be overweight and my clothes not becoming for a person of my size (height and weight) which at the time I was happy with my appearance... but deep down I did feel insecure...either way I see myself now 4 months later, stronger than ever, wiser...just boost in self confidence and I honestly told that person thank you...not for the feedback but for whatever was meant to happen to give me that push.....because when I got on stage it felt awesome, felt like naturally I was meant to be there..and thats all that matters... such significance because since growing up as a child and constantly being told of what I wasnt capable of doing, i continue to prove it wrong time and time again.... and now its not even about proving that anymore, it is finding what I was born to do, my purpose..destiny whatever cheesy thing you want to say.... I felt like this pair of shoes definitely fits me very well.. at this point I want to inspire, want to just help ppl find themselves in whatever it is they want to do...and see the success.. because I feel like I been walking that walk and continue to improve better and better... so I believe at this point changing my title to

"Reflecting on the Past, Embracing the Present, Becoming a Better Me; Mentally Physically and Spiritually...."

I feel the desire and need to move forward with my life to include BB as well as grow inside and out geniunely and at his point the only way to go is up...I am excited for off-season but more excited to watch my mindset improve and develop more as a person.

Just looking at the pictures....the old me...still here but stronger than ever...I still am in disbelief

thank yall for listening...




No comments:

Post a Comment