Thursday, February 21, 2013

Finding Balance...

Wow, this blog has been empty for a bit..but there is a reasoning behind it…
It was to find my “Balance” or footing as one would call it…. I started this prep well I did the “warm up” at 24 weeks around Christmas time lol…took a vacation had a blast! Gained some “vacation weight” lol very worth it and lost the weight and here we are…. then at the beginning of this month is the 16 week count which is flying because it is getting ready to go into the end of the 14th week… for the longest I been hearing the word “Balance” when people ask about what it takes to be successful, in all aspects not just competition….how can you be happy when you have other shit weighing down on from other directions? how can I focus when my household is not in “check” and how can I keep bring home the “bacon” (I wish) when I am not performing at work… and I woke up this morning feeling like I had found my balance, yesterday I was able to do my cardio and feed my husband before bed time, while eating my meal 5 and later meal 6 in between our “tv time” and it just felt RIGHT.. I made his lunch for work and I woke up to make him breakfast, well hand him the muffins and make his coffee and it was like “AHHHHHHHH” relief…. I been hydrating like I should, sticking to the plan which was a bit hard to eliminate even the things that are good for me in moderation…but once I eliminated those along with “adjusting” my timelines to what was in line with important things in my life…. My faith, family, work, and contest prep …. Nothing else matters at this time. It is not to say that my friends don’t matter or anything else but that is the focus…. And you cant focus without having BALANCE period…when you have a happy medium then that 300 lb weight on your shoulders becomes lighter… and everyone can be happy lol…well for the most part .. I made adjustments to my training schedule, I go at lunch time since im always eating any dayum way….and cardio right after work then that leaves me to be able to cook dinner and have my qt with the hubby and puppy . In the morning I do cardio if permited but I do it at home so I can see hubby off before work….. BALANCE! Yes everybody wins ! lol… the weekends are ours and lately we have been doing volunteer work together so its been kind of cool…Sunday morning is for Zoa and posing stuff along with some training…I feel like the work will speak for itself… no goal is met without having balance and I am glad I learned versus giving it up but you don’t learn unless you make an attempt then assess the situation which I did ..i feel so much better .. and I just wanted to share that with you guys… because its amazing a difference it can make when you function better… your body tells on you when you are stressed out! So why put yourself through it….there are things we can’t control and then there are things that we can… I am learning with fitness it is a lifestyle change..it is a balance, it is one not all will agree with but it is one that YOU need to agree with because it is YOUR LIFE! .. Therefore balance includes making sure you are on track…and that is why I feel like that my hard work here is going to pay off in about 14 weeks from now…. A force to be reckoned with … I cant wait to see where I go from here….

No comments:

Post a Comment